Connect Roku Stick to Wi-Fi Without Remote
Roku is undoubtedly one of the most influential streaming players that changed the way we subscribe to entertainment. The simplest user interface is revolutionary and, at the same time layman centric, which puts this device in advantage while comparing with other devices. While there are many streaming devices available in the country, Roku is one among the few that puts practical usability and efficiency in a single plate. Saying that, go through this blog to find out how to connect Roku stick to Wi-Fi without remote?
This is a tad bit longer than the other methods, so let’s start with this one. The workaround simply refers to the nature of this method. If you are relocating or say using a previously owned Roku device, and you don’t have a remote to connect the device with your Wi-Fi, then try this out.
- Gather the details of the network that was previously linked with your Roku device.
- You will need the network’s name and also the password of the network that’s used.
- Now, use your laptop/PC to configure your network settings.
- Change the existing network’s name and password to the previously used network.
- The accurate replication of the network’s name and password is mandatory for this method to work out.
- You cannot ignore any of the small details that include the minute characters like a comma, full-stop, or even a space between the letters.
- Once you have configured your current network, connect your Roku device to the power source, and launch the device on your TV.
- Later, when it asks you to connect to a network, there is an excellent chance that your Roku device will consider this new network as your old one.
- If your device recognizes your network, it will connect automatically.
- From here, you can start to stream your favorites without any obstacles in between.
How To Use Your Smart Phone As Roku Remote?
If you are setting up a Roku device for the first time and you don’t have a remote to proceed with the connection, you are in a sticky situation. Nevertheless, you can use this method to connect your Roku device to the desired network.
You will need,
- Two smartphones
- Mobile hotspot compatibility
- Your Roku device
- Roku mobile application in any one of your smartphone
You can proceed with the connection by following the steps below.
- You will have to use the device that Doesn’t have the Roku application installed as the host and the device that has the Roku application in it as the remote.
- Now, turn ON the mobile hotspot on your host-smartphone and make sure you note down the password and the name for this particular network.
- Connect your “remote” smartphone to the mobile hotspot by using the details of the host network.
- Once the connection is successful, launch the Roku application and use the remote interface to interact with your Roku device.
- You can use this smartphone as a remote until you connect the Roku device to your desired network.
- From, here you can disable the mobile hotspot and can proceed with the streaming of the Roku device.
- If you want to continue using your Roku application on mobile as a remote, you can connect the smartphone to your main network and proceed with the streaming.
The not so practical method
This still made its way through the list even though it is not an efficient solution, but still works. If you need to use your Roku device for an emergency purpose, you can use this method.
Your Roku device will connect to open networks automatically if available within its range. So,
- Enable the mobile hotspot on your smartphone from the network settings.
- Make sure you don’t need any password or security options to connect to your hotspot. Just remove any passwords for the network and make sure that you need and ensure that your network is visible.
- Now, launch your Roku device and wait for the Roku player to connect to your mobile hotspot.
- This device will connect automatically, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- After the connection, you can stream the content you want to.
Even though you have a few methods that you can use to connect your Roku device to a Wi-Fi network, using a physical remote is the most practical solution available. You can buy a new Roku remote from the store. If you don’t have access to buy a Roku remote, you can always try using a universal remote that works well on IR wavelength to interact with your Roku device. Using this, you can connect the Roku device to Wi-Fi.
Reach out to our professional helpdesk if you need more information regarding how to connect Roku stick to Wi-Fi without remote or anything related to Roku in general. We are available 24/7 at +1-844-839-1180 or Roku.com/link and would be happy to assist you if given a chance.