Start Streaming the Apple TV Channels on Roku
Apple TV is a fine culmination of great shows and exciting movies that can turn your sore weekend into a powerful, exciting one. These movies and shows are handpicked and have a great reputation among critics. It is no wonder someone would like this channel on their arsenal. The best part is, it is not limited to just apple customers. Unlike other services provided by Apple, you can add this channel in your non-apple devices like Roku. So kudos to that. Read this blog to find out how to watch Apple TV channels on Roku.
Can my Roku stream Apple TV?
There are restrictions on a few models to stream Apple TV. Here are the devices that support Apple TV streaming.
- Roku TV
- Streaming stick/streaming stick+
- Roku 2 and 3
- Roku Ultra/ultra LT
Devices like Roku 1 and 4 cannot support Apple TV in its storage.
If you want to know about your device’s model, follow the steps below.
- Go to the settings page on your Roku device.
- From the settings page go to the system option.
- Click the about option under the system option to know your device and model number.
How to get the Apple TV channels to my arsenal?
Follow the steps below….
- Launch your Roku device using the right input source.
- Once you launch the channel, proceed with the software updates, if any available; if not, go to the next step.
- After the updates are over, restart the device to save the changes made on your device.
- Now, go to the search bar and type in Apple TV.
- You can also use the voice command to do the same, but make sure you pronounce the word right and also at the same pace.
- After you see a list of results, choose the channel that is more relevant to your search result.
- After you select the channel, you can find the “add channel” tab right next to the description section.
- By clicking on the tab, your channel can be downloaded.
- Once you download the channel, you can see the channel on your channel list.
How to Enter and Stream Apple TV Channels?
To stream the contents on your Apple TV channel, you require an Apple ID. If you have an existing credential, you can use that to log in to the channel; if not, you can create a new account anytime you want.
- Go to the channel section and launch the channel.
- Now, look for the settings option inside your channel.
- Once you find the settings option, click on it.
- You will see the accounts tab under the settings option.
- Once you select the accounts tab, choose the Sign-in option to proceed further.
- Directly sign in on your channel by entering the Apple ID on your TV using your Roku remote or app.
- Power up your Laptop or Smartphone.
- Open your browser and visit activate.apple.com.
- You can also skip this step by using your smartphone to scan the QR code on your screen.
- All that’s left for you to do is to enter the activation code on that webpage.
How to Stream the Media from Apple TV?
- Streaming the contents on your Apple TV channels are like accessing any other channel.
- You can simply use the media library to stream the contents.
- If you are searching for particular content, use the search option to surf through the contents.
- The contents are available to both rent and buy.
- Some of the content or transaction may prompt you for an Apple ID password. Voila, you now have access to endless entertainment.
Even there is an option of the Apple TV + on your Apple TV channel. It may ask you to cough up some extra bucks but will allow you to access much original content like TV shows and movies. So stay tuned for that.
What can go wrong?
- When you are searching for the Apple TV channels on your Roku device, the system may show “no results found“.
- This means that your device doesn’t support the Apple TV channels.
- Apple ID becomes a necessity to access the contents from the channel, so make sure you enter the right combination.
If you need more information regarding the Apple TV or Apple TV+, we suggest you contact our customer support team @ +1-844-839-1180 or visit Roku.com/link who are always ready to help you with your queries.